Monday, September 10, 2012

Sorry, Zombies! I'll Be Using My Brains!

Zombie PX storefront in Palmyra, PA - All your zombie apocalypse supplies in one spot.

We can all rest a little easier now that we have a place we can go in central PA to get survival gear for the inevitable zombie apocalypse. Those who are attentive can see the signs. Twelve years ago I caught a brief glimpse into the reality of this seemingly mythic problem. I was standing in a cemetery in Orange county California. It was the middle of the week at the beginning of the day. All was quiet where I stood. Resting in peace. But 100 yards away, just past the gate protecting these plots, existed a fury of activity. Automobiles rushing, stopping and going, rushing again and very close together. In a moment I was able to see beyond the veil of the expressionless faces. The dead were driving. The driving dead, making their way down the busy surface roads going - where were they going? By the time of day, I assumed work was the destination. The driving dead on their way to work. No dreams, no hope - DEAD!
This is our zombie apocalypse. Souls succumbed to brain-eating existence because their hearts have stopped beating with the flow of life they once experienced.
Survive the apocalypse! And, bring some zombies back, too. Back to the land of the living. Revived. Alive. Inspired.

No comments: